UPDATE 4/24/13: GSA has announced that all spots for the OASIS Industry Day sessions are now full. As a continued testament to the significant amount of interest in this procurement, all spaces for the OASIS and OASIS SB sessions were filled in approximately five days. The OASIS Program Office will be posting a recording of the event for those who were unable to participate. FedPoint will post a link to any live streaming or video access as soon as it is made available.
The highly-anticipated draft solicitations for OASIS and OASIS SB, new government-wide IDIQ contracts for complex integrated professional services, were finally released on March 28th via FedBizOpps. Knowing that prospective bidders would likely have many questions after pouring through the 100+ pages of information, the OASIS Program Office is hosting or attending a number of events over the next month as part of its continued outreach to industry. First and foremost, there will be an OASIS Industry Day Continue reading »
Deltek released the newest version of their Costpoint software back in March of 2012 and we have been working with our clients to gather a list of the 7 top things we love about Costpoint 7. Get ready to upgrade because these are features not to be missed!
1. Access the entire application via the web and use Active Directory or SSL Authentication to shorten your list of passwords.
2. Reports are now exportable to Excel! In addition, you can also email reports from within the application.
3. Costpoint underwent a little facelift. Screens are now resizable and have scroll bars to move left, right, up and down. Users are rejoicing about the ability to use all of the real estate offered by their big screen monitors. Continue reading »
Bank reconciliations are painful enough. However, a quick report in Cognos Impromptu can make the experience less painful.
- In Impromptu, add all of the fields from the Bank Rec File (General Ledger > Bank Reconciliation File – GL23BRF) to the report.
- To make data viewing easier, add the Vendor Name from the Vendor Master File (Accounts Payable > Vendor Master File – AP02VMF).
- Rename the field names if you wish to have a more user friendly report and to save space when printing the report. Continue reading »
- Overall pool of available dollars for discretionary spending is down 4%.
- There are a few growth sectors – Energy/Conservation, Budget Streamline Processes for the Government; Healthcare; and, of course, Cyber.
- In general, it appears that, although growth has slowed and the amount of negative growth has doubled for contractors, profit margins have increased on a year-to-year basis, Continue reading »
Listen to Deltek’s Ray Bjorklund, Kevin Plexico and Deniece Peterson as they give their first impressions of the President’s FY 2013 Budget request and preview the FY2013 Federal Budget Request: Insights and Implications report to be released February 2012. This webinar will provide insight into the Obama Administration’s FY2013 budget request and the information technology trends that will drive fiscal 2013 federal spending. Continue reading »
Join Deltek’s Jennifer Sakole for a FREEwebinar overview of the findings from the Top Ten Federal Architecture Engineering and Construction (AEC) Opportunities for FY2012 report.
Topics include: Continue reading »
Enhance your business development, capture management and marketing!
Join government contracting expert Gloria Larkin, TargetGov President, as she discusses key tactics about how increasing your differentiators can help you win more contracts, then she will answer all your questions in an open-format discussion.
The 2011 Deltek Insight conference was another huge success for all participants. Deltek’s President and CEO Kevin Parker stopped by the Aronson booth to thank Aronson for their continued support of Deltek. The entire Aronson contingency really enjoyed meeting with all the participants that stopped by our booth to receive the Aronson Survival Kit.
It was an exciting year for Deltek, as they announced Continue reading »
Where can you find over 3,000 user of Deltek? In Nashville, Tennessee at the 2011 Deltek Insight conference. The Aronson, LLC Government Contracting Services Group has been busy this year at the conference where there really is something for everyone. As a platinum sponsor of the conference it is hard to miss the members of the Aronson team.
Aronson’s focus this year is survival. How are you surviving in the federal marketplace in 2011? Continue reading »
For 2010, Government Contractors faced lower profit margins, lower overhead rates, and longer Days Sales Outstanding across the board based upon Deltek’s Clarity 2010 Govcon Industry Report . 2010 was a tougher economic year for the government contracting industry than the previous and government contractors showed a lack of growth in revenue with some respondents indicating negative growth for 2010. Continue reading »
What We Are Writing
- A Marriage of Inconvenience: GSA Schedule Contracts & The Contractor Code of Business Ethics & Conduct Clause
- Emerging Small Businesses: To Grow Your Business, You Must Plan For Growth
- Government Contracting: Look Before You Leap!
- GSA Schedules – Strategies for Success
- New Employee vs. Independent Contractor Considerations
- Pay on Display – Understanding the Executive Compensation and Subcontractor Data Reporting Requirements & Ramifications
- The GSA Schedule: Your Ticket to the Federal Market (May 2010)
- The New FAR Codes of Conduct and Compliance Program Provisions
- The Seven Deadly Sins (of contract compliance)