Nicole Mitchell joined Aronson LLC in 1998 and serves as a Partner in Aronson’s Government Contract Services Group. She received a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Frostburg State University and a Masters in Business Administration from Mount Saint Mary’s College.
Nicole specializes in accounting and financial issues impacting government contractors. She has a broad-based background in generally accepted accounting principles and cost principles related to government contractors including the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS). Nicole provides consulting and accounting services to government contractors in the areas of financial regulatory compliance, contract pricing, and complex cost accounting structures. She has in-depth knowledge of the key financial business systems and compliance risk unique to government contractors.
Nicole has been a guest speaker on various financial and government contracting topics for such organizations as the AICPA, MACPA, Deltek Insight Conference, and the Howard County Chamber of Commerce. She co-authored a Thompson RIA reference manual for controllers “Doing Business with the Federal Government” and is a regular contributor to Aronson’s Fed Point blog.
What We Are Writing
- A Marriage of Inconvenience: GSA Schedule Contracts & The Contractor Code of Business Ethics & Conduct Clause
- Emerging Small Businesses: To Grow Your Business, You Must Plan For Growth
- Government Contracting: Look Before You Leap!
- GSA Schedules – Strategies for Success
- New Employee vs. Independent Contractor Considerations
- Pay on Display – Understanding the Executive Compensation and Subcontractor Data Reporting Requirements & Ramifications
- The GSA Schedule: Your Ticket to the Federal Market (May 2010)
- The New FAR Codes of Conduct and Compliance Program Provisions
- The Seven Deadly Sins (of contract compliance)