Synergy Enterprises Incorporated (SEI), based in Silver Spring, MD, is a small business that embodies the American Dream. Founded by naturalized citizen Prachee Devadas in 2003, the company has grown from one to over 110 employees. Starting a company in her home, Mrs. Devadas probably never guessed that she would end up providing services to agencies like the Departments of Education, Homeland Security, Health and Human Services, Defense, Energy, Transportation, and more…or that she would end up in the Oval Office advocating to the President for small government contractors.
And yet, despite humble beginnings, SEI’s success has not gone unnoticed; the company and its personnel have received numerous awards and commendations over the year, including the Small Business Administration’s 2009 Metropolitan Small Business Person of the Year. As a result, Mrs. Devadas was invited to meet with Barack Obama in the Oval Office earlier this month to discuss the challenges facing small businesses in today’s economic environment such as access to capital, creating jobs, and economic recovery. You can see a video of the President’s press conference (featuring Mrs. Devadas) following their meeting here.
Aronson is proud to work with innovative small businesses like SEI and congratulates Mrs. Devadas and the entire Synergy Enterprises team on this honor.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
What We Are Writing
- A Marriage of Inconvenience: GSA Schedule Contracts & The Contractor Code of Business Ethics & Conduct Clause
- Emerging Small Businesses: To Grow Your Business, You Must Plan For Growth
- Government Contracting: Look Before You Leap!
- GSA Schedules – Strategies for Success
- New Employee vs. Independent Contractor Considerations
- Pay on Display – Understanding the Executive Compensation and Subcontractor Data Reporting Requirements & Ramifications
- The GSA Schedule: Your Ticket to the Federal Market (May 2010)
- The New FAR Codes of Conduct and Compliance Program Provisions
- The Seven Deadly Sins (of contract compliance)