Encore Seminar on 5/13! Independent Contractor or Employee: Classification is the Elephant in the Room!
Worker classification is one of those tricky compliance issues that everybody knows about, but nobody wants to talk about. With more and more states passing legislation to penalize employers who misclassify workers, audits are a valid concern for all businesses. Don’t be intimidated by this important topic – instead, be informed! Join Aronson & Company and Helios HR for this encore event on May 13th at the Tower Club that addresses how your company can prepare for audits and reduce liability.
Additional information and FREE registration is available via the following link:
|Starts:||Thursday May 13, 2010, 08:00AM|
|Ends:||Thursday May 13, 2010, 10:30AM|
|Location:||The Tower Club
8000 Towers Crescent Dr #1700
Vienna, VA 22182 US
|Keywords:||Independent contractor misclassification; Worker misclassification; IRS|
|Intended For:||HR Managers, CEOS, CFOS|
|Organization:||Aronson & Company and Helios HR|
Did you know that:
- The IRS has begun randomly selecting 2,000 taxpayers each year for the next three years for a comprehensive employment tax law compliance audit?
- Independent contractor misclassification is now more likely than ever before to result in heavy fines and penalties?
- Worker misclassification invites trouble with the IRS, Department of Labor, and state and local governments?
- All companies are vulnerable, but construction and government contracting businesses are being targeted in particular?
Aronson & Company’s tax experts will help you gain an understanding of the issue, the costs to your business of noncompliance, and steps you can take toward compliance. Seats are limited, so register today!
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
What We Are Writing
- A Marriage of Inconvenience: GSA Schedule Contracts & The Contractor Code of Business Ethics & Conduct Clause
- Emerging Small Businesses: To Grow Your Business, You Must Plan For Growth
- Government Contracting: Look Before You Leap!
- GSA Schedules – Strategies for Success
- New Employee vs. Independent Contractor Considerations
- Pay on Display – Understanding the Executive Compensation and Subcontractor Data Reporting Requirements & Ramifications
- The GSA Schedule: Your Ticket to the Federal Market (May 2010)
- The New FAR Codes of Conduct and Compliance Program Provisions
- The Seven Deadly Sins (of contract compliance)