According to the Government Executive website, http://www.govexec.com, government travel per diem rates will not change in Fiscal 2013. “GSA will freeze 2012 travel reimbursement rates for lodging and other related expenses, at fiscal 2012 levels.”
Additionally, on the GSA Blog, part of www.GSA.gov, Dan Tangherlini, acting GSA Administrator stated, “As part of our top down review of GSA, we have been looking for savings in our travel programs. Per Diems are just one avenue through which GSA is reducing costs for federal agencies.”
2013 Per Diem Rates take effect October 1.
To find current per diems, check out our 9/28/11 blog post on the Per Diem App that is available for travelers.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
What We Are Writing
- A Marriage of Inconvenience: GSA Schedule Contracts & The Contractor Code of Business Ethics & Conduct Clause
- Emerging Small Businesses: To Grow Your Business, You Must Plan For Growth
- Government Contracting: Look Before You Leap!
- GSA Schedules – Strategies for Success
- New Employee vs. Independent Contractor Considerations
- Pay on Display – Understanding the Executive Compensation and Subcontractor Data Reporting Requirements & Ramifications
- The GSA Schedule: Your Ticket to the Federal Market (May 2010)
- The New FAR Codes of Conduct and Compliance Program Provisions
- The Seven Deadly Sins (of contract compliance)