Time to update your computer bookmarks! The System for Award Management (SAM) is active. As of July 30, 2012, Central Contractor Registration (CCR), Online Representations and Certifications Application (ORCA), Federal Agency Registration (FedReg), and the Excluded Parties List System (EPLS) websites all re-direct to the SAM website at: www.sam.gov. CCR/FedReg, ORCA, and EPLS systems are no longer accepting new data. So how can you access SAM and where’s all your data located? I’ve gathered a few important facts from SAM’s Help Desk, the Federal Service Desk (FSD) at www.fsd.gov:
- What happened to the Central Contractor Registration (CCR), Online Representations and Certifications Application (ORCA), Federal Agency Registration (FedReg), and the Excluded Parties List System (EPLS)? CCR, FedReg and ORCA related information is contained within Entity Management in SAM. Legacy EPLS information resides in the Performance Information area of SAM.
- Can I search SAM without registering? Yes, even if you do not wish to register at this time, you can still Search SAM. Enter your search criteria on the SAM Home page or under the Search tab to view registered vendors or verify registration status.
- How do I create a username and password if I was previously registered in CCR, FedReg,ORCA, or EPLS? To migrate your legacy system user account, you must first create a personal account in SAM by clicking on “Create an Account” on the homepage. Once you validate that you have access to the email address you provided during the registration process and login, you will see a message on the user dashboard (My SAM) which will ask you “Would you like to migrate a legacy system account?”. Click “Yes” to begin the migration process. Alternatively, you may click on Manage My User Roles, then Migrate Legacy Account link to begin the migration process. The roles you had with the legacy system will be mapped to your SAM account.
Looking for more answers? See our previous post and visit the SAM Help webpage for FAQs, User Guides, and Demonstration Videos. Within the FAQs you can perform a search for a question or filter the questions to a functional area. Also visit the Federal Service Desk (FSD) website at www.fsd.gov for more help with SAM and other GSA IAE systems.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
What We Are Writing
- A Marriage of Inconvenience: GSA Schedule Contracts & The Contractor Code of Business Ethics & Conduct Clause
- Emerging Small Businesses: To Grow Your Business, You Must Plan For Growth
- Government Contracting: Look Before You Leap!
- GSA Schedules – Strategies for Success
- New Employee vs. Independent Contractor Considerations
- Pay on Display – Understanding the Executive Compensation and Subcontractor Data Reporting Requirements & Ramifications
- The GSA Schedule: Your Ticket to the Federal Market (May 2010)
- The New FAR Codes of Conduct and Compliance Program Provisions
- The Seven Deadly Sins (of contract compliance)