Any impromptu report you use can have its data source changed to an archive directory in a few seconds, which can be very handy for year-end or DCAA reporting.
First, close Impromptu if it is currently open. Access the U/SQL Administrator and click ‘Configure’ under the System DSN tab. When the ‘Set Advanced Options’ window opens, click advanced using the ellipses (…) to choose the new data directory. Note that the current selection should be your current period directory, typically named “Data.” Now select ‘No’ to replace the existing value. Finally select Ok, Ok, Close to have the changes take place. Restart Impromptu then the report will be pulling from the newly selected directory. When you complete the historic data extraction, be sure to revert the settings back to the previous current period data directory.
Want to learn more Impromptu tips & tricks? Sign up for the Aronson Impromptu webinar scheduled for July 24, 2012!
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
What We Are Writing
- A Marriage of Inconvenience: GSA Schedule Contracts & The Contractor Code of Business Ethics & Conduct Clause
- Emerging Small Businesses: To Grow Your Business, You Must Plan For Growth
- Government Contracting: Look Before You Leap!
- GSA Schedules – Strategies for Success
- New Employee vs. Independent Contractor Considerations
- Pay on Display – Understanding the Executive Compensation and Subcontractor Data Reporting Requirements & Ramifications
- The GSA Schedule: Your Ticket to the Federal Market (May 2010)
- The New FAR Codes of Conduct and Compliance Program Provisions
- The Seven Deadly Sins (of contract compliance)