Effective January 1, 2013, corporations subject to Virginia corporate income tax are required to file and pay taxes electronically for their estimated tax payments as well as their annual income tax returns. Further, all Virginia sales and use tax returns and payments must be filed electronically beginning with the July 2012 return, which is due in August 2012, for monthly filers. For less frequent sales and use tax return filers, the electronic filing and payment requirement is effective beginning after July 1, 2013. Any taxpayer for whom any of these electronic filing/payment requirements create an unreasonable burden may request a waiver, in writing, to the Tax Commissioner.
For further information, please contact your Aronson tax professional or Henry Chiwaya of Aronson’s State and Local Tax practice at 301.222.8215.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
What We Are Writing
- A Marriage of Inconvenience: GSA Schedule Contracts & The Contractor Code of Business Ethics & Conduct Clause
- Emerging Small Businesses: To Grow Your Business, You Must Plan For Growth
- Government Contracting: Look Before You Leap!
- GSA Schedules – Strategies for Success
- New Employee vs. Independent Contractor Considerations
- Pay on Display – Understanding the Executive Compensation and Subcontractor Data Reporting Requirements & Ramifications
- The GSA Schedule: Your Ticket to the Federal Market (May 2010)
- The New FAR Codes of Conduct and Compliance Program Provisions
- The Seven Deadly Sins (of contract compliance)