It is now easier than ever to go green. As part of its Sustainability Plan, GSA is taking steps to reduce its impact on the environment. GSA developed an online tool through GSA Advantage! that allows buyers to search for products that contain specific environmental attributes. While performing a keyword search for a desired product, you now have the option to check off one or more green certifications, like BioPreferred, to ensure that only BioPreferred products result. There are eleven different green options to choose from including Energy Star Compliant, EPEAT, and WaterSense. Most of the products with green certifications are self-certified.
Green buying initiatives are prevalent in Federal buying so GSA Schedule vendors need to ensure that GSA Advantage reflect all environmental attributes.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
What We Are Writing
- A Marriage of Inconvenience: GSA Schedule Contracts & The Contractor Code of Business Ethics & Conduct Clause
- Emerging Small Businesses: To Grow Your Business, You Must Plan For Growth
- Government Contracting: Look Before You Leap!
- GSA Schedules – Strategies for Success
- New Employee vs. Independent Contractor Considerations
- Pay on Display – Understanding the Executive Compensation and Subcontractor Data Reporting Requirements & Ramifications
- The GSA Schedule: Your Ticket to the Federal Market (May 2010)
- The New FAR Codes of Conduct and Compliance Program Provisions
- The Seven Deadly Sins (of contract compliance)