The U.S. Department of Labor’s Wage and Hour Division will host a free online conference to provide information on federal rules concerning prevailing wages and other labor law requirements. The conference will be webcast live from 10 a.m. — 3 p.m. EDT on Tuesday, October 4, and Wednesday, October 5, 2011.
Conference participants will learn:
- The Davis-Bacon Act and McNamara O’Hara Service Contract Act
- The process of obtaining wage determinations and adding classifications
- Compliance assistance and enforcement processes
- The process for appealing wage rates, coverage, and compliance determinations
- The labor standards provisions of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009
To register for the online conference, contracting officials should send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org: name, title, organization, session(s) of choice and email address. There is no fee for attending these conferences, however, space is limited. Upon receipt of your information, we will advise you whether your request can be accommodated.
For more information on the federal prevailing wage statutes and other laws administered by the Wage and Hour Division, call its toll-free helpline at 866-4US-WAGE (487-9243) or visit its Webpage.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
What We Are Writing
- A Marriage of Inconvenience: GSA Schedule Contracts & The Contractor Code of Business Ethics & Conduct Clause
- Emerging Small Businesses: To Grow Your Business, You Must Plan For Growth
- Government Contracting: Look Before You Leap!
- GSA Schedules – Strategies for Success
- New Employee vs. Independent Contractor Considerations
- Pay on Display – Understanding the Executive Compensation and Subcontractor Data Reporting Requirements & Ramifications
- The GSA Schedule: Your Ticket to the Federal Market (May 2010)
- The New FAR Codes of Conduct and Compliance Program Provisions
- The Seven Deadly Sins (of contract compliance)