Dear Fed Point:
I’m having a lot of trouble managing the printers in Deltek Costpoint. I setup my printers, only to “lose” them repeatedly. What’s the solution for this printer confusion? – Jane M.
Although there are detailed instructions attached to the Costpoint Web Installation Guide, managing printers via the application can be labor intensive and often frustrating. Users have found that the Actuate Process Management Daemon can lose printer definitions, often confounding users as it appears as if the printer is there. Two options are available to solve this problem:
Option 1:Your local system administrator will have to un-install the printers from CPWeb, re-install the printer, stop and then restart the Actuate process by using the (Start, Administrative Tools) Services Manager or
Option 2:To bypass the above process, and yet still be able to print to your (already) pre-defined printers (attached to your local PC) is follow the below steps:
- Delete all configured printers from CPWeb
- Ensure that users are able to use the “download” option for printing by querying for all users via “Administration, Maintain, Users” and make sure that the download box is checked for each user.
Users: (For the report you are looking to print, prior to executing the job)
- Open the Print Setup by clicking on the Icon or use the pull down menu under “File” then pick “Print Options“.
- In the Print Options screen check the box for “Download” only.
- Next in the Tab for “File Options”
- Pick the “File Type“
- Enter the “File Name”
- After picking the options needed click “OK” to close out of the Print Options screen.
- To print, use the print icon or go to the “File” pull down menu and pick the option to “Print“.
- A process bar will start and then a Popup window will come up asking to pick an option “Save” or “Open”.
- To print the report just click on the option to “Open” and the report will open in the application format that was chosen in the print options. At this point the report is now local to the workstation and can be printed using any print installed on the workstation.
- To save the report just click on the option to “Save“
Have a question for “Ask Fed Point”? Send it in and you may see your question and answer here next month! Looking for assistance with your Deltek System or Deltek Outsourcing needs? Call or email John Betz, 301-231-6231, email@example.com.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
What We Are Writing
- A Marriage of Inconvenience: GSA Schedule Contracts & The Contractor Code of Business Ethics & Conduct Clause
- Emerging Small Businesses: To Grow Your Business, You Must Plan For Growth
- Government Contracting: Look Before You Leap!
- GSA Schedules – Strategies for Success
- New Employee vs. Independent Contractor Considerations
- Pay on Display – Understanding the Executive Compensation and Subcontractor Data Reporting Requirements & Ramifications
- The GSA Schedule: Your Ticket to the Federal Market (May 2010)
- The New FAR Codes of Conduct and Compliance Program Provisions
- The Seven Deadly Sins (of contract compliance)