UPDATED: As the Nation implements recently enacted health reform legislation, our regional businesses are uniquely qualified to assist the federal government to transform Health IT. Maryland is home to HHS, NIH, FDA, NIST, SSA, and the new Cyber Security Command Center and all of these agencies work with businesses to innovate health information technology. This Breakfast Forum is designed to provide insight and information from industry experts so businesses can be prepared to meet this challenge and have access to decision-makers. Larry Davis was recently quoted in Sean Tuckers GovWin blog from this event: “We’re facing some significant reductions in federal spending for the first time in many years,” said moderator Larry Davis, Managing Partner of Aronson Capital Partners. “But we’ve seen that investments in IT enable the government to do more with less.”
- Master of Ceremonies: Rich Wilkinson, Vice President, Government Contracting, Deltek
- Speaker: U.S. Congressman Chris Van Hollen
- Keynote Speaker: Aneesh Chopra, Federal Chief Technology Officer*
- Featured Speaker: Farzad Mostashari, MD, ScM, Deputy National Health IT Coordinator, HHS
- Mary B. Armstead, Program Director, NITAAC, NIH
- Susan Penfield, Senior Vice President, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Kevin Plexico, Senior Vice President of Research & Analysis Services, Deltek/INPUT
- Ori Reiss, President & CEO, GlobalNet Services, Inc.
- Moderator: Larry Davis, Managing Partner, Aronson Capital Partners
|Date:||Thursday, January 20, 2011|
|Time:||7:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. Registration and Networking
8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Program
|Price:||$60 for MCCC Members
$75 for Non-Members
|Location:||Bethesda North Marriott Hotel and Conference Center
5701 Marinelli Road
North Bethesda, MD 20852
Click here to Register.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
What We Are Writing
- A Marriage of Inconvenience: GSA Schedule Contracts & The Contractor Code of Business Ethics & Conduct Clause
- Emerging Small Businesses: To Grow Your Business, You Must Plan For Growth
- Government Contracting: Look Before You Leap!
- GSA Schedules – Strategies for Success
- New Employee vs. Independent Contractor Considerations
- Pay on Display – Understanding the Executive Compensation and Subcontractor Data Reporting Requirements & Ramifications
- The GSA Schedule: Your Ticket to the Federal Market (May 2010)
- The New FAR Codes of Conduct and Compliance Program Provisions
- The Seven Deadly Sins (of contract compliance)